How To Get Rid Of Back Acne In Singapore | Treatments & Prices
Battling bacne is a common struggle that can be successfully treated with the help of medical professionals. But how to pick from so many options?
In this article, we'll lay out all available treatments for getting rid of back acne once and for all! Stop wasting your time on ineffective products - it's time to get clear-skin relief!
What is back acne?
Back acne, also known as "bacne," is a common problem that affects many people in Singapore. It is characterized by red, inflamed pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the back. Sometimes, back acne even turns into embarrassing scars, so it's important to get the right treatment to prevent this. Back acne can be just as frustrating and unsightly as facial acne, and it can be difficult to get rid of.
What causes back acne?
As the skin on our backs are thicker than our facial skin, it makes our backs more prone to severe acne. Back acne is caused by the same factors that cause facial acne. The main cause is an overproduction of oil in the hair follicles, which can clog your pores and sebaceous glands, and lead to the formation of pimples. Hormones, genetics, and certain medications can also contribute to the development of back acne.
Read some of our previous articles
Most popular back acne treatments in Singapore:
- Acne oral medications in Singapore can be split into a few categories and are only available through a doctor, which means you’ll have to pay consultation fees. The cost of oral medication is typically between $20-$60 per month, plus private doctor’s consultation fees ~ $50/visit but do note that the price may vary depending on the clinic.
- Doctors may prescribe oral antibiotics to fight the bacteria that cause acne. It's a common treatment for mild to moderate cases of acne.
- Hormonal Acne Medication:
- Hormonal acne medication is used to control the hormones that trigger acne breakouts. This medication is typically prescribed to women experiencing acne related to their menstrual cycles.
- Isotretinoin (Roaccutane):
- Isotretinoin is a powerful medication that is usually reserved for severe cases of acne or cystic acne. It's a prescription medication that can be used to clear up more severe acne and persistent acne.
- Anti-acne creams or topical creams are the cheapest option for treating back acne. They are available over the counter and can be found at local pharmacies. The prices range between $13-$30.
Chemical peels and Back acne facials:
- Chemical peels and back acne facials are probably a good middle ground in terms of acne treatments pricing.
- Chemical peels are able to reach deep into your skin surface to remove damaged skin cells. On your back, an application of a chemical solution, which usually includes salicylic acid, to the skin, which causes the top layer of the skin to peel off and remove dead skin cells. This helps to get rid and prevent new acne from forming as it unclogs your pores. The low PH levels also help to kill any germs that might have resulted in the formation of more acne. Chemical peel is also effective for fading back acne scars and even out skin tone.
- Back acne facials or bacials are similar to the facials you'd get on your face. It typically involves extracting the pimples and blackheads found on your back followed by a soothing mask to help your back heal for healthier looking skin.
- The cost of chemical peels and back acne facials is typically between $200-$400.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to treat back acne is to use a combination of topical treatments such as gels and creams, combined with regular exfoliation and good hygiene practices.
Immerse yourself in an all-over cleansing and exfoliation of the back, neck and shoulders while removing dead skin cells and helping you clear up severe acne scars and discolouration on the back.
The best treatment for back acne will depend on the type of acne and its severity. For mild to moderate back acne, topical creams, chemical peels, and back facials are usually enough. For severe acne, your doctor may recommend a combination of topical treatments such as creams, gels or lotions, as well as medications such as antibiotics or retinoids to cure the bacne.
Bacne can be difficult to treat but it is possible to permanently get rid of it with the right back acne treatment plan. Most of the treatment typically involves a combination of topical treatments, oral medications and professional treatments including signature extraction to remove the clogged pores thus preventing bacne from returning again.
The fastest way to treat acne is to use a combination of topical treatments such as gels and creams, combined with professional treatments, and good hygiene practices such as regular exfoliation.
Immerse yourself in an all-over cleansing and exfoliation of the back, neck and shoulders while removing dead skin cells and to help you clear up severe acne scars, prevents excessive scar tissue production, and discolouration on the back.
The level of pain experienced during back acne treatment will depend in large part on the type of procedure being used. For example, some laser treatments may require the use of local anesthesia to reduce discomfort. However, in general, most treatments for back acne are not overly painful and have minimal risk of side effects.