9 Best Back Acne/Acne Scar Treatment In Singapore [As Of 2023]
Battling bacne is a common struggle that can be successfully treated with the help of medical professionals. But how to pick from so many options?
In this article, we'll lay out all available treatments for getting rid of back acne once and for all! Stop wasting your time on ineffective products - it's time to get clear-skin relief!
What is back acne?
Back acne, also known as "bacne," is a common problem that affects many people in Singapore. It is characterized by red, inflamed pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the back. Sometimes, back acne even turns into embarrassing scars, so it's important to get the right treatment to prevent this. Back acne can be just as frustrating and unsightly as facial acne, and it can be difficult to get rid of.
What causes back acne?
As the skin on our backs are thicker than our facial skin, it makes our backs more prone to severe acne. Back acne is caused by the same factors that cause facial acne. The main cause is an overproduction of oil in the hair follicles, which can clog your pores and sebaceous glands, and lead to the formation of pimples. Hormones, genetics, and certain medications can also contribute to the development of back acne.
Read some of our previous articles
Most popular back acne treatments in Singapore:
- Acne oral medications in Singapore can be split into a few categories and are only available through a doctor, which means you’ll have to pay consultation fees. The cost of oral medication is typically between $20-$60 per month, plus private doctor’s consultation fees ~ $50/visit but do note that the price may vary depending on the clinic.
- Doctors may prescribe oral antibiotics to fight the bacteria that cause acne. It's a common treatment for mild to moderate cases of acne.
- Hormonal Acne Medication:
- Hormonal acne medication is used to control the hormones that trigger acne breakouts. This medication is typically prescribed to women experiencing acne related to their menstrual cycles.
- Isotretinoin (Roaccutane):
- Isotretinoin is a powerful medication that is usually reserved for severe cases of acne or cystic acne. It's a prescription medication that can be used to clear up more severe acne and persistent acne.
- Anti-acne creams or topical creams are the cheapest option for treating back acne. They are available over the counter and can be found at local pharmacies. The prices range between $13-$30.
Chemical peels and Back acne facials:
- Chemical peels and back acne facials are probably a good middle ground in terms of acne treatments pricing.
- Chemical peels are able to reach deep into your skin surface to remove damaged skin cells. On your back, an application of a chemical solution, which usually includes salicylic acid, to the skin, which causes the top layer of the skin to peel off and remove dead skin cells. This helps to get rid and prevent new acne from forming as it unclogs your pores. The low PH levels also help to kill any germs that might have resulted in the formation of more acne. Chemical peel is also effective for fading back acne scars and even out skin tone.
- Back acne facials or bacials are similar to the facials you'd get on your face. It typically involves extracting the pimples and blackheads found on your back followed by a soothing mask to help your back heal for healthier looking skin.
- The cost of chemical peels and back acne facials is typically between $200-$400.
The Best Places To Get Back Acne Treatment
Seeking treatment for back acne is important not only for cosmetic reasons but also for preventing potential scarring and improving overall skin health. In this day and age, there are numerous treatment options available that can effectively help alleviate back acne.
1. Kosme Aesthetics - Best Affordable Treatment For Acne In Singapore
Kosme Aesthetics offer a chemical peel as the go-to solution for any back acne treatments and extractions.
This process effectively unclogs pores, reduces inflammation, and diminishes acne-causing bacteria. While chemical peels have long been used to rejuvenate facial skin, they have gained recognition for their effectiveness in addressing back acne as well.
Founded by Wayne Yap, who wanted to make beauty services more accessible, rest assured you're in good hands with personalised treatment plans that suit your lifestyle, preferences, and, more importantly, budget. No Packages, No Hard Selling, No Hidden Fees
- Website: https://www.kosmeaesthetics.sg/
- Address: Orchard Gateway #03-08/09, Orchard Rd, 238858 and Plaza Singapura #04-08D
The Back Detoxifying Treatment is a procedure that targets a crucial yet hard-to-reach area. It offers various advantages, such as diminishing acne scars and preventing recurring breakouts, resulting in a fresh, smooth, and soft back after several sessions.
However, the outcome may vary depending on the individual. The treatment will include a cleansing, deep exfoliation, steaming, extraction, a mineral mud mask, and finished with a hydro nourishing cream.
- Website: https://www.meroskin.com/
- Address: International Plaza, 10 Anson Road, #03-34/35, Singapore 079903
3. The Clifford Clinic - Long Pulse Laser Treatment for Back Acne
Long-pulsed laser treatment has gained trust as an effective skin treatment option for various issues such as hair removal, uneven skin tone and acne. Recent studies have indicated that it is particularly effective for clearing back acne, using a single wavelength laser that targets acne while avoiding harm to the surrounding skin.
Clinical findings show a noticeable improvement in inflammatory acne after three treatment sessions, spaced one to two weeks apart. Further improvements were observed with each subsequent treatment.
- Website: https://cliffordclinic.com
- Address: 50 Raffles Place, #01-01 Singapore Land Tower, Singapore 048623
4. Freia Aesthetics - Freia Purity Detox treatment
The Purity Detox treatment is a personalised approach to addressing the underlying cause of acne on the face and back. It involves a deep cleansing process, as well as a natural smart peeling technique to gently exfoliate the skin.
The treatment also includes rehydration with a special blend of active ingredients that regulates and balances oil production in the skin. Finally, the process is concluded with a unique cooling and moisturising mask containing a balanced mixture of Diatoms and Marine Algae extracts, which seals in all the active ingredients from the treatment.
- Website: https://freiaaesthetics.sg
- Address: Royal Square 101 Irrawaddy Road #14-14, Royal Square at Novena, Singapore 329565
5. My Cozy Room - Customised Detoxifying Back Facial Treatment
This treatment involves deep cleansing and exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and extract clogged pores to prevent future breakouts. The procedure also includes detoxification to help the body absorb nutrients from skincare products.
A relaxing back massage and a detoxifying mask are included in the process to leave the skin looking radiant, hydrated, and supple.
- Website: https://mycozyroom.com.sg
- Address: 56A Cairnhill Road, S229667
6. The Spa-Lon - Detox Back Massage Purifying Back Treatment
This treatment uses detoxifying marine products along with a soothing massage of the back, scalp, and feet to relieve tension and promote relaxation. The back can often become tense and knotted, so this treatment focuses on deep cleansing to remove toxins while incorporating a gentle yet effective massage to release knots and promote overall relaxation.
- Website: https://thespa-lon.com
- Address: Multiple locations
7. Aleesya All Natural Face Spa - Back Facial
A back facial is a cleansing and rejuvenating treatment that helps to achieve smooth and radiant skin on the back, especially during the summer season. It is not just limited to special occasions and can be beneficial for various skin problems such as dryness, dullness, sagging, and wrinkles.
Similar to facial treatments for the face, back facials can maintain the health and freshness of the skin on the back. The process includes cleansing, exfoliating, ultrasonic treatment, steaming, extraction, and a customised mask.
- Address: Tampines Street 45, Singapore 527494
8. Pure Tincture Organic Beauty - Organic Detoxifying Back Treatment
This non-invasive and comfortable back acne treatment is designed to safely combat back acne. It involves cleansing the back, followed by exfoliation, extraction, and a purifying mask to eliminate those pesky spots. For an additional fee of $30, professional machine exfoliation can be included
- Website: https://www.puretincture.com/
- Address: Multiple locations
9. Resplandor Skin Management Centre - Back Acne Treatment
This treatment is specifically designed to address back acne and minimise scarring while providing you with deep relaxation and comfort. Additional services, including skin analysis and hair removal, can be added upon request.
- Address: 2, 02-22 Venture Dr, Vision Exchange, Singapore 608526
Conclusion On The Best Back Acne Treatment
Back acne is a common skin issue that can be effectively treated through a variety of methods. From targeted treatments and facials to laser therapy, there are options available for individuals who want to combat back acne and reduce scarring.
It is important to consult with a skincare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs and to maintain healthy skin through a balanced diet, regular exercise, and a consistent skincare routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to treat back acne is to use a combination of topical treatments such as gels and creams, combined with regular exfoliation and good hygiene practices.
Immerse yourself in an all-over cleansing and exfoliation of the back, neck and shoulders while removing dead skin cells and helping you clear up severe acne scars and discolouration on the back.
The best treatment for back acne will depend on the type of acne and its severity. For mild to moderate back acne, topical creams, chemical peels, and back facials are usually enough. For severe acne, your doctor may recommend a combination of topical treatments such as creams, gels or lotions, as well as medications such as antibiotics or retinoids to cure the bacne.
Bacne can be difficult to treat but it is possible to permanently get rid of it with the right back acne treatment plan. Most of the treatment typically involves a combination of topical treatments, oral medications and professional treatments including signature extraction to remove the clogged pores thus preventing bacne from returning again.
The fastest way to treat acne is to use a combination of topical treatments such as gels and creams, combined with professional treatments, and good hygiene practices such as regular exfoliation.
Immerse yourself in an all-over cleansing and exfoliation of the back, neck and shoulders while removing dead skin cells and to help you clear up severe acne scars, prevents excessive scar tissue production, and discolouration on the back.
The level of pain experienced during back acne treatment will depend in large part on the type of procedure being used. For example, some laser treatments may require the use of local anesthesia to reduce discomfort. However, in general, most treatments for back acne are not overly painful and have minimal risk of side effects.