Aftercare Guide: What To Do After Fat Freezing (And Not To Do)
Fat freezing treatment is a non-surgical, non-invasive fat removal procedure that uses controlled cooling technology. Fat-freezing treatments kill fat cells with cold temperatures then your body will naturally eliminate all the fat cells. It is shown in a study that Fat freezing treatments provide up to 25% fat reduction in the treatment area for you to hit all your body goals. In this blog post, we will discuss what to do and what not to do after a fat freeze session.
Read some of our previous articles
5 Things To Do After Your Fat Freeze Treatment
1) Monitor Visceral Fat Levels
Fat freeze treatments target only the hard-to-lose subcutaneous fat and not visceral fat. Visceral fat is the deep, dangerous kind that accumulates around your organs and can only be reduced through diet, lifestyle changes (such as getting enough sleep), and exercise. So, it's important to monitor your visceral fat levels during treatment by eating healthy foods, staying active, drinking lots of water, getting enough restful sleep each night, and reducing stress whenever possible.
2) Gently Massage Treated Area To Improve Blood Circulation
A light massage after your fat freezing sessions improves the effects of the treatment. It helps to break down your frozen fat and encourages your body's waste removal system to flush out the fat cells. To expedite the recovery process, continue massaging the area a few times a day for up to 7 days after your fat freezing process. Do note that you should not use medicated oil with the massage. Instead, you can use aloe vera gel or mild scent-free moisturiser.
3) Drink 2 Litres Of Water A Day
Fat freezing treatment is non-invasive, so there are no needles or incisions involved in removing the fat from your body. Instead, the lymphatic drainage system of our body removes all the dead fat cells after the fat reduction treatment. A great post treatment care would be to keep yourself hydrated by drinking 2 Litres of water a day. This is because water is a fundamental part to play to speed up the healing process by flushing out unwanted fat cells.
4) Adhere To Your Treatment Plan
When you come in for a consultation, specialists will sit down with you and create a treatment plan tailored to your concerns and needs to achieve your desired results. They will use their years of experience and expertise to give you the most accurate estimate possible of how many sessions they think you'll need. Not following (or completing) your treatment plan can impact the results of your treatments and lengthen recovery time. Do keep in mind to notify your consultant or doctor about any underlying health conditions that you may have.
5) Give Your Body Time
In most situations, more than one treatment is required to get the best effects and continuing treatments may be necessary for the future. Some people see results a lot quicker than others; however, this varies from person to person. Non-Surgical Body Contouring is a process that we are committed to throughout. All clients on their program must go through regular checks to keep track of their progress and ensure they stay on track. A balanced diet and healthy lifestyle habits like regular exercise would ensure the longevity of your cool sculpting result.
For optimal results, follow this list which tells us what not to do after fat freezing session:
- Do not do any activities that'll cause excessive sweating such as hot baths, enter steam rooms, sauna or heavy exercise for 1 week after your treatment.
- Do not apply any medicated oil on the body parts where you've done a fat freeze procedure.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to the sun for up to 1 week after the treatment.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours before and after the treatment to minimize the chances of bruising.
- Avoid food that may contribute to weight gain like sugar, carbs, fried, and processed foods to ensure the longevity of your cool sculpting results.
- Avoid waxing in the treated region for at least 1 week.
- Avoid exposing the treatment areas to the laser for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do not Exercise, avoid hot baths, steam rooms and massages for 24hrs after the treatment. Avoid wearing tight clothes over the treatment area, give the treated area a chance to breathe and fully recover by wearing loose clothes. Indulging in normal activities doesn't affect the treatment.
You may still gain weight if you do not maintain your diet. Although our competitors might try to tell you that the results are permanent, we want you to know that this still depends on having the appropriate diet plan.
If you do one or two sessions but then eat 5000 calories, you're still going to experience weight gain. If you're doing the sessions and maintaining your ideal body weight, the results often last a long time.
- The results are not always permanent – fat cells that are destroyed can come back if you do not maintain a healthy lifestyle, such as maintaining a healthy diet.
- There is some pain and discomfort associated with the treatment.
- It can be expensive and prices can range from $150 to $2000 per session, depending on where you go and how many parts you treat.
Efficacy of fat frosting Clinical trials shows fat freezing reduces subcutaneous fat reduction in a single session. It is effective for clients seeking to reduce weight and wanting significant results in the shortest time.